General information regarding tender is listed below:
1. Brief investment guidelines to potential investment consultants:
National Investment Corporation of National Bank of Kazakhstan (NIC) is soliciting proposals from all qualified firms who wish to be considered as a vendor to provide General, Private Equity and Hedge Fund Consulting Services. Only the firms that are capable to provide all stated consulting services will be considered.
The firm(s) selected as a result of this RFP will be responsible for:
- reviewing strategic asset allocation and investment policy for the portfolio;
- sorting out manager selection process and carrying out due diligence on potential managers for hedge fund and private equity portfolios.
2. Minimum Qualifications
Unless otherwise specified, as of response due date, Respondents must meet all of the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for the contract. Failure to satisfy each of the minimum qualifications may result in the immediate rejection of the proposal.
1. The firm must have been in business for at least ten (10) years providing discretionary alternative investment consulting services, i.e. PE, HFs, etc.
2. Consultant agreement could be terminated at any time without detailed explanation at NIC’s request.
3. Neither your firm nor any of its affiliates have any affiliation with any other business, broker or dealer that deals with the National Bank of Kazakhstan and NIC. If so, please specify and explain if you perceive any current or potential conflicts of interest and what safeguards you will employ to mitigate these conflicts.
4. The Consultant has all authorizations, permits, licenses and certifications required by federal and state laws and regulations to perform the services specified in this RFP at the time Consultant submits a response to the RFP.
Investment Consultants wishing to take part in the tender and which satisfy the above requirements should contact the NIC’s employees responsible for the tender execution (please see below) to request the RFP.
3. RFP Deadline
The Consultant’s proposal and other relevant documents should be submitted both by mail and via e-mail to the following address:
Address: National Investment Corporation of National Bank of Kazakhstan
181 Kunayev street,
The soft copy of RFP must be submitted no later than 9am Almaty time on July 30, 2014. The hard copy send by mail can be delivered to NIC premises no later than one week after the deadline. Inquiries received after the deadline stated above will not be considered. The evaluation of proposals will be performed by NIC in accordance to the internal evaluation criteria.
The information contained in this RFP is confidential. It is to be used by the Firm solely for the purpose of responding to this request. The Firm shall not duplicate or distribute this RFP to any individual or company, unless the individual or company is directly involved in the completion of the Firm’s response.